Tuesday, July 26, 2011

dinnertime at the Meany's

Well today was Day #2 of getting back into the grind of the work-week. It's super tough for me to get back into the groove of life sometimes when I've been out of it! We got a few things actually done at work today...lots of people in and out of the office. I got a new email address today :) Cory, our tech guy, was kind enough to fix that up for me. So instead of "ekornegay" I'm now "lmeany." We figured people would want to call me Liv anyway so we used L instead of E for the email address. I think I shall start answering the phone "First Baptist Pelham, this is LIV speaking, how may I help you?" instead of using Elizabeth like I did in the beginning. It confuses people anyway...

Did you know that it is a LOT of work to change a person's last name?!?! I cannot believe all the hoops you must jump through and steps you have to take to make it happen. But GOOD NEWS...the marriage license DID come in the mail today. So that process can now begin. Maybe tomorrow I'll go in the morning to the Social Security Office downtown to get that process started. We'll see. The storm last night kept me awake for a little while and it was mighty tough getting back to sleep. So we'll see how anxious I am to get out of bed in the morning :)

Being a new wife is a whole lot of fun. I am totally eating up the "housewife" role. At the same time I am becoming my own mother. Which is definitely not a bad thing :) I would like to be like no one else but her. She IS my role model. I used to make fun of her for getting up early when she didn't have to and do this, that and the other around the house. Guess who's doing it now! I REALLY wanted to take a nap today but did I? Nope...I straightened up the house...and actually found joy in the process. I love the way a clean house looks and I LOVE the way a Febrezed house smells. I cleaned, then I started dinner. Tonight I was going to fix Turkey Tenderloin, couscous and green beans with homemade rolls I wanted to try and make but I let time slip away from me so I opted for Thursdays meal...Low Carb Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and a side Caesar Salad. I made the Caesar just like the above recipe, minus the chicken and gave a smaller portion. The spaghetti I made as follows:

Low Carb Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

Ingredient List: Serves 8

1 box Dreamfields Angel Hair Pasta
Olive Oil for pasta water
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 lb. ground beef (your choice of fat ratio...the leaner the healthier)
1 jar Garlic/Parmesan spaghetti sauce


Cook pasta according to box directions.
Make sure you salt the pasta water for flavor and add the olive oil.
DON'T OVERCOOK THE PASTA! Al dente is what you are looking for. You want it to have a little bite to it. We're gonna cook it in the sauce a little later.

Saute red onion in a little olive oil. Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cook until onions are tender and sweet.
Add ground beef and cook until beef is browned all over.
Add jar of spaghetti sauce.
Simmer together on low for about 20 minutes.
Add cooked pasta to sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
And you're ready to eat!
This recipe makes a LOT of pasta, so if it's just two of you like it is for us, it keeps great for lunch the next day or the next few days!
Serve with garlic bread if you so desire. We like wheat toast :)


Tuesday nights is my favorite TV show night. I love "White Collar" and "Covert Affairs" so Brian and I have a deal. He plays Playstation for a little while then he watches my shows with me. Give and take, people. Thats what it is all about!

More to come later this week.

All the love from Meany house to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment